CoolMiniOrNot Forums - Target - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Target

I am a great starter of projects but absolutely rubbish at ever finishing anything.

Its time to restart this blog, so changes are coming in the new year.

  1. Week 11: Creaky old bones


    Another week and another pile of old bones;



    I have elected to construct a number of these chaps in pairs of two to help add or remove them from the unit.



    I am aware that there is no logic in the rest of this paragraph, but here goes. I couldn't give the skeletons a wind instrument because I couldn't see how they could blow it without any lungs. Yes I know that they have no muscles to move their limbs and have no eyes to see with or ...
  2. Week 10: Give the dog a bone

    The end of week 10 sees the end of the assembly and painting of the Chaos warhounds (at last). The army list I'm working too only requires 17 warhounds, but they come in boxes of 10 so it seemed daft not to paint all 20. The thought of three poor lonely unassembled puppies was too much for me to bear.

    After listening to comments and advice I have elected to give the dog a bone, and an arm to one lucky pup. It adds to the character and helps to distinguish between figures. I have ...
  3. Week 9: Let the puppies run free

    Nine weeks have come and gone now, and I'm well on the way to completing all of the Chaos warhounds that I will need for my lists. In the list I have 17 warhounds. This week I have painted another 5 which takes my total to 15 (close but no coconut).


    I have opted to omit the horns and greenstuff over the gap. I believe that this keeps the chaps looking more like hounds and less like boars.

    I have tried to increase the contrast on both the fur and in the hair ...
  4. Week 8: An even bigger pile of bones

     Completed the unit of skeletons this week. Well I say completed, I need to add a emblem and some words to the standard bearer. No idea what to do yet, so I thought I would leave it on the shelf and see what comes to me.
     

     
     


    Quite fun to make and paint and has given me the chance to raid my bits box, which is getting a bit packed. For my own records when I come back to paint more skeletons the paint recipe is Scorched brown ...
  5. A turn marker

    When I play at my local club, we keep a track of which turn we are in by keeping a dice with the turn number displayed. However this can easily get mixed up with other dice. I decided it would be a nice idea to build my own turn marker. My main criteria were that it had to be easy to build and nice and cheep. Here is how it turned out..Here is how I built it..Basic components are a GW 40mm round base, a lid from static grass (any would do), a bit of rod that fit nicely within the hole in the underside ...
  6. Week 7: A pile of old bones

    Week 7 has come and gone and all I have to show for it is a small pile of bones. Nicely piled in skeleton form of course, but just a pile of bones non-the-less. I have decided to try and stay away from red colour schemes because I have seen too many red skeleton units. Besides I quite like the green colour as a contrast to the yellow (ish) bones colour.



    I found these to be some of the most fun figures to assemble because I just tipped out my bits box and had a play. Two of ...
  7. A valentine Vampire (ish)

     To mark valentines day I give you a vampire with a couple of hearts on his cloak. Ok, its a half hearted effort, but it was the best I couple think up and it fits in with the remainder of the VC army. His flesh was built up from Graveyard Earth to Bleached bone in an attempt to make it look more undead, but I added a bit of red to his cheeks and I think I have lost the effect.He was floating above the gravestone in an attempt to make him rabk up and to simulate his move 9 thanks to his Talisman ...
  8. Week 6: A slight diversion


    This week I believed that I needed to paint a few empire figures to get an army ready for GT. I had six swordsmen, five halberdiers and a priest of sigma. I have been painting the army for 7 or 8 years now, but I always need to add a figure here or there to round off a unit to an appropriate size.
    The centre figure here is a significant adaptation of the newer swordsman sprue.


    The other figures date back to the last edition of the empire figures. Whilst these are ...
  9. New Camera, old figures

    I have treated myself and brought a new camera. I got myself a Canon EOS 1000D (rebel if you are American). Great fun and so very much easier than borrowing the work camera. To celerbrate this I hove photographed some old but favourite figures. These were painted three and a half years ago and used a lot of brass etched leaves and green stuff.Enjoy if you like those things. 
  10. Week 5: Chaos Marauder Horsemen

    This last week has stretched my ability to speedpaint. You may not consider 5 figures in a week speed painting but for me painting 5 cavalry figures it is. I've previously spent three weeks painting a single infantry figure, so this just feels wrong. I have managed 5 horsemen, but I found it hard work.
    The guys carry the slaanesh mark and so I have tried to give them a more luxurious and self indulgence combination of colours. I choose to go for a lilac and beige combination. I also ...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->