View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

  1. Day 10 - Torso gaps all done.

    All except for one anyway... The Custom Marine is proving slightly more difficult than the rest, I've had to fill the gap to just below the surface and when that has hardened tomorrow I'll go over it again and finish it off. I'm sculpting the collar up higher on the sides so it looks like a full ring around his head. I found a picture today that has given me inspirations for how I want him to look... Naturally it wont look much like this picture, but I'll likely take parts from it and incorporate ...
  2. Day 9 - Filling gaps in the side of the torso.

    So yesterday we separated all the torso's, today I started filling the gap in the sides. I've only done one side to each torso today as I have a bad habit of putting my finger in wet green-stuff... As a rule of thumb you should really let one part harden before moving onto the next part. There is nothing worse than marking your work after you spent so long getting it 'just right'.

    Anyway, here is a couple of pics, it looks messy but will finish up much nicer than it looks. You wont ...
  3. Day 8 - Beginning Torso and Arms

    Today I got all the torso's ready to be filled in preparation to be attached to the legs. You need to separate the front and back a little bit to add more width. You don't need to worry about the shoulder to shoulder width because they'll look more in proportion when you get their shoulder pads on. But before you start separating them with a blob of green-stuff you need to cut out that belt buckle and stomach area. You will still want to keep the buckle as you can still use it when you sculpt the ...
  4. Day Seven - Confusion

    So I sat down tonight after football, looked at my finished legs and looked to all my bits and pieces I had been planning on using for each of them and suddenly felt very confused. I had no idea what I wanted to go where or even where to begin. I though about just starting on the backpacks or chests but then I thought to myself, that if I just start generically converting all these different parts with no focus on what I want it to be I'm going to be getting generic marines and try to make them ...
  5. My personal blog

  6. Day Six - Legs Finished

    Finally finished filling the holes and words ect on the legs... I'm pretty worn out tonight though after a fairly large day at work, so I'll have another look at them tomorrow after Football to make sure it's an okay job... Everything looks okay when your tired... But otherwise these are pretty much completely done. If I'm going to do any more to them I'll decide that when the model is nearly done. I'd like to see how the model is posed and how it looks before I decide what chapter it will be. I'll ...
  7. Check out my blog for my personal work and commissions!

  8. Day Five - Top of legs Finished

    Managed to get the tops of the legs done today. Though it wasn't as productive as I would of liked. I really struggled to get motivated today, probably due to the heavy drinking the night before, as a consequence I didn't get started until nearly 8pm. After I was finished with the legs I started trying to reposition those wonky looking ones but then quickly decided to just buy a new set on ebay. I found myself a nice set of Space Wolf Terminator legs that should hopefully arrive before the end of ...
  9. My Pirate Ogres

    The Sea Eater Tribe - This was my first project in about 8 years. I painted a few ogres I got out of storage when moving house and 6 models, a fiddle with some Greenstuff and a little nosey at the GW website and I was hooked again. Being as rusty as I was, it's not the best painted army in the world but I had a lot of fun doing it and it has been well received in GW Bath where it sat in in their cabinet for a good few months.

    Anyways, here it goes....

    And the rest - excuse ...

    Updated 07-07-2012 at 09:10 PM by Mr_Griz

    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Day Four - Top of legs, side one.

    I didn't get them all done as I would of liked but I'm running out of time. I have two more to finish off tomorrow, though the one with wonky looking legs on the back right, I'm not happy with. I've decided that I will reposition them.

    For this part all I've done is got a blob of green stuff, rolled it into a thickish tube and placed around the top of the leg. I then smoothed it into shape with one of my clay shapers, making sure to go slightly over where I wanted the armour to end. ...

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->